E-Newsletter February/March, 2014
In This Issue Thank you to our sponsors! Spring Fever Village Park Eco Home opens Feng Shui or Staging? Alex's bird houses
Thank you to our sponsors!
Quick Links Get great tips at:Our Network Sponsors:Our Advertisers:
Spring doesn't begin until March 20. But we already have spring fever and just have to get out of the studio! The only cure for us is to take our show on the road. Mark your calendars now and come join us at the following locations:
Mar. 22: Marshall Grain Co. Show 1-3 p.m.
3525 William D. Tate, Grapevine, TX 76051
Mar. 22: Alternative:
If joining us on Mar. 22 at Marshall Grain does not work for you, then plan on visiting our Village Park Eco Home booth at the Plano New Home and Remodeling Show.
Mar. 29: Natural Health Fest Show 1-3 p..
Plano Centre, 2000 E. Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano, TX 75074
Apr. 5: Tentative:EPIC Earth Day Experience Show 1-3 p.
Historic Downtown Grapevine Gazebo, 325 S. Main St.. Grapevine, TX 76051
Apr. 19: Village Park Eco Home Show 1-3 p.m. House open to public 10 a.m. - 5 p. Address will be posted on our facebook page and website.
Be sure to stop by and tell us Hi! or wave or something. Have a super spring!
Chris Miles Chris@housetalktoday.com
Alex Guthrie Alex@housetalktoday.com
Village Park Eco Home opens for tours We are almost finished!Open house tours are scheduled:Apr. 1 9, 20, 26, 28May 3, 4, 10 and 11.Times: Sat. 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun: 12 noon - 4 p.m.Parking:A shuttle bus will pick you up at a location to be announced, take you to the house for the tour, and then return you to your car.Check the website for parking and more event information.
Home selling advantage-- Feng Shui or Staging
Feng shui is art and science. It's not often well understood.
It's not about installing 15 water features, a forest of bamboo, and sticking mirrors and chimes everywhere. Feng shui is the educated orientation and placement of structures and the objects within them -- often in line with compass directions -- to channel energy flow in beneficial ways.
For sellers who want every possible home-selling advantage, feng shui can make sense. Here are some Feng shui selling tips:
- Remove clutter. It turns off buyers -- another way of saying it disrupts the flow of "chi."
- Add light for positive energy. Buyers hate dark homes. If you have dark spaces, paint and decorate with lighter colors, and install pretty lamps or have skylights installed. Make sure windows are clean.
- Get rid of sharp edges and pointy decorations, especially near your entrance. They create bad energy and make buyers uncomfortable. Soften what you can't remove with fabric, and make the environment more comforting with the sound of falling water and the addition of live plants or fresh flowers. Pleasant, clean smells like pine or cinnamon also help.
- Add bright accents to neutral color schemes inside, and paint exterior trim an energetic shade. Attract buyers by playing up the wealth and abundance area (the home's far left corner) with purple, red, green, gold or silver in the linens and furniture.
Much of what is known as feng shui resembles what others call staging. Whatever you call it, special attention to your home's mood pays off when it sells quickly.
Alex's amazing upcycled bird houses Back by popular demand are the instructions to build Alex's great birdhouses.
* Plastic coffee containers
* Stick from the yard or small dowel for the perch
* Drill for 1 1/2 inch hole and also holes for the stick or dowels.
* Drill or cut 1 1/2 inch hole in the bottom for the entrance to the house
* Drill holes on the side to wire the perch to
* Wire the perch in place
* Hang the new birdhouse and enjoy!
Please join us!
Please feel free to share this newsletter with others. Also, if you follow us on facebook, you will see more useful tips and information for use around the house.